This week’s Top Ten is pretty fun! If I had ten bookish wishes…
1) I’d wish that reading books burned as many calories as working out does. I’d be so fit.
2) I’d wish that I could read books as quickly or slowly as I wanted. That way I could speed through books I’m not enjoying, or take time when I’m at a good part.
3) I’d wish that all my books were weightless when I had to move.
4) I’d wish that I had accounts at all bookstores, and that account was paid off by some rich relative who just took care of it for me.
5) I’d wish that I could understand and remember everything that I read on the first go around. This is related more to my school reading. Academic articles can be dense and jargon-y and convoluted and take more than one pass to fully understand. And while I’m at it, can someone just dump a bunch of stats info into my head, too, so I understand all that? Everyone could be lying to me and I wouldn’t even know.
6) I’d wish that I could have a big library with a big comfy chair and a nice big window where I could sit and watch it rain or snow. And a fireplace, I want a fireplace. And when I say library I mean an actual room dedicated to nothing but books and reading.
7) I’d wish that my books were perfectly and logically organized. Because I can never figure out the best way to do it or want to take the time to figure it out.
8) I’d wish I could have both digital and physical copies of all my books, so I didn’t have to chose.
9) I’d wish that no matter how many books I buy, I always have room for them.
10) Finally, I’d wish I had more time to read. I just hit my Goodreads goal of 50 books read this year and that’s really good for me, but I know I could do more if only I had the time and energy.