In October I re-dedicated myself to reading for pleasure. This semester has been every bit as insane as I thought it would be, though it’s one thing to know it and another to experience it, to be ten weeks in and the only hope in sight is a month and a half away. But that’s ok. Reading for pleasure for perhaps an hour has become one of the only times during the week when I do what I want.
I did pretty well this month in reading things from my TBR, and I even kept with my creepy theme for the most part. I read:
- Lila – Marilynne Robinson (7.5/10)
- Bird Box – Josh Malerman (9/10)
- The Haunting of Hill House – Shirley Jackson (9/10)
- Through the Woods – Emily Carroll (9/10)
- A Discovery of Witches – Deborah Harkness (6.5/10)